WHAT IS A COOKIE?
A cookie is a file or device that is downloaded to the computer, tablet or cell phone when the user browses the Internet, in order to store data that can be updated and retrieved by the entity responsible for its installation.
The primary purpose of Cookies is to provide the User with faster access to the selected Services. In addition, Cookies personalise the Services offered by the Website, providing and offering each User information that is of interest to them or that may be of interest to them, based on their use of the Services.
Below is a classification of cookies according to a series of categories. However, it should be noted that the same cookie may be included in more than one category.
a) Types of cookies according to the entity that manages them.
Depending on who is the entity that manages the equipment or domain from which the cookies are sent and treats the data obtained, we can distinguish:
Own Cookies: These are those that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain managed by the editor itself and from which the service requested by the user is provided.
Third-party cookies: These are those that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain that is not managed by the editor, but by another entity that processes the data obtained through the cookies.
In the event that cookies are installed from a computer or domain managed by the editor itself, but the information collected through these is managed by a third party, they cannot be considered as own cookies.
b) Types of cookies according to the period of time they remain active.
Depending on the length of time they remain activated in the terminal equipment, we can distinguish:
- Session Cookies: These are a type of cookies designed to collect and store data while the user accesses a web page. They are usually used to store information that the user is only interested in keeping for the provision of the service requested on a single occasion (e.g. a list of products purchased).
- Persistent cookies: These are a type of cookie in which the data remains stored in the terminal and can be accessed and processed for a period defined by the party responsible for the cookie, and can range from a few minutes to several years.
c) Types of cookies according to their purpose.
Depending on the purpose for which the data obtained through cookies are processed, we can distinguish between:
- Technical Cookies: These are those that allow the user to navigate through a website, platform or application and the use of the different options or services it exist as, for example, control traffic and data communication, identify the session, access parts of restricted access, remember the elements that make up an order, make the buying process of an order, make the application for registration or participation in an event, use security features while browsing, store content for broadcast video or sound or share content via social networks.
- Personalization Cookies: These are those that allow the user to access the service with some general characteristics predefined according to a series of criteria in the user’s terminal such as the language, the type of browser through which you access the service, the locale from which you access the service, etc..
- Analysis cookies: These cookies allow the party responsible for them to monitor and analyze the behavior of the users of the websites to which they are linked. The information collected through this type of cookies is used to measure the activity of the websites, application or platform and for the elaboration of browsing profiles of the users of these sites, applications and platforms, in order to introduce improvements based on the analysis of the usage data of the users of the service.
- Advertising Cookies: These are those that allow the management, in the most effective way possible, of the advertising spaces that, where appropriate, the publisher has included on a website, application or platform from which it provides the requested service based on criteria such as the edited content or the frequency at which the ads are displayed.
- Behavioral advertising cookies: These cookies allow the management, in the most effective way possible, of the advertising spaces that, where appropriate, the editor has included on a website, application or platform from which the requested service is provided. These cookies store information on user behavior obtained through the continuous observation of their browsing habits, which allows the development of a specific profile to display advertising based on the same.
- Third-party cookies: These cookies are not sent by NOVALTTI NETWORKS, but by third parties and have their own use and privacy clauses. They appear when visited due to the integration of third party services such as social networks, videos, advertisements, maps, etc. and are beyond our control.
d) List of cookies used by the entity.
We use the following cookies on our website:
- _ga: Google Analytics cookie that enables the unique visits control function. The first time a user enters the website through a browser this cookie will be installed. When this user enters the website again with the same browser, the cookie will consider that it is the same user. Only in the event that the user changes browser, it will be considered another user. It expires 2 years after the last update. More information on the treatment performed by Google Analytics here.
- _gat: This cookie is associated with Google Analytics. It is used to limit the request rate – limiting data collection on high traffic sites. It expires after 10 minutes.
- _gid: This cookie is used by Google Analytics to distinguish unique users. It expires after 24hrs.
- viewed_cookie_policy: Cookies for internal use necessary for the operation of the display of the cookies policy of the web. It expires after one year.
What happens if cookies are not allowed or are disabled?
Your experience on the website may be limited and some features of the Services may be disabled, such as remaining logged in.
How to disable/enable cookies?
To deactivate/activate cookies from the device, the user will have to do it through the Internet browser.
All modern browsers allow you to change your Cookie settings. These settings are usually found in the ‘options’ or ‘Preferences’ menu of your browser.
Internet Explorer: Tools > Internet Options > Privacy > Configuration. For more information, you can consult Microsoft support or the browser’s Help.
Firefox: Tools > Options > Privacy > History > Custom Configuration. For more information, you can consult Mozilla support or the browser Help.
Chrome: Configuration > Show advanced options > Privacy > Content configuration. For more information, you can consult Google support or browser Help.
Safari: Preferences > Security. For more information, you can consult Apple support or browser Help. For information on how to manage cookies on a tablet and/or mobile device, you should consult your documentation or online help files.
How to disable/enable third party cookies?
Third-party cookies are not set by us. Therefore, we suggest that the user consult the websites of these third parties for information on the cookies they install and how they can be managed.
The Web can modify this Cookies Policy according to legislative or regulatory requirements, or in order to adapt this policy to the instructions issued by the Spanish Data Protection Agency, so Users are advised to visit it periodically.
SOCIAL NETWORKS – PLUGINS
Our website uses social network plug-ins. The plug-ins can be recognized by the logo of the social network (e.g. Facebook white “f” on a blue square or the drawing of a “thumbs up”) or the caption. Below, we inform you about the processing of personal data through such social networks.
If you access a website that contains such a plugin, your browser establishes a direct connection to the servers of the social network and the social network transmits the content of the plugins directly to the user’s browser and integrates it into the website. Consequently, we cannot influence the scope of the data that the social network collects with the help of these plugins, so we can only inform you about the following:
By incorporating the plugins, the respective social network receives the information that the user has opened the corresponding page of our website. If the user is logged into the social network at the same time, the social network can assign the visit to your account. When interacting with the plugins, for example by pressing the “Like” button or writing a comment, the relevant information is transmitted directly from your web browser to the respective social network where it is stored. Even if you are not a member of the social network, there is a possibility that the social network will find out your IP address and record it in its databases.
NOVALTTI NETWORKS S.L. does not know which buttons the user has used or when. Please refer to the current version of the data protection guidelines of the respective social network for the purpose and scope of data collection, the further processing and use of the data by the social network as well as the corresponding rights and setting options for privacy protection.
If you want to prevent social networks from collecting data through our Internet presentation, you must log out of the social networks before accessing our website.
FACEBOOK SOCIAL PLUGINS
Our website uses social plugins of the social network www.facebook.com, managed by the company Facebook Inc., 1601 S. California Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA.
We would like to point out that we do not know what data Facebook transmits and how it is used. The purpose and scope of data collection and its further processing and use by Facebook, as well as the related rights and possibilities to configure privacy protection, can be found in Facebook’s data protection information: www.facebook.com/policy.php.
TWITTER SOCIAL PLUGINS
Our website uses social plugins of the social network www.twitter.com, managed by the company Twitter Inc., 1355 Market Street, Suite 900, San Francisco, California 94103, USA.
We would like to point out that we do not know which data Twitter transmits and how Twitter uses this data. The purpose and scope of data collection and its further processing and use by Twitter, as well as the related rights and possibilities to configure privacy protection, can be found in the data protection information at www.twitter.com/privacy.
LINKEDIN SOCIAL PLUGINS
Our website uses social plugins from the social network https://es.linkedin.com/, managed by LinkedIn Corporation, 2029 Stierlin Court, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA.
We would like to point out that we do not know what data LinkedIn transmits and how it is used. The purpose and scope of data collection and its further processing and use by LinkedIn, as well as the related rights and possibilities to configure privacy protection, can be found in the data protection information at: www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy.
Our website uses the “+1” button of the social network Google Plus, operated by Google Inc, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, United States (“Google”).
If you access our website, your server establishes a direct connection to the Google servers. The content of the “+1” button is transmitted directly by Google to your browser, which integrates it into the website. Therefore, we have no influence on the scope of the data that Google collects with this button. According to Google, no personal data is collected if you do not click on the button. These data, including the IP address, are only collected and processed in the case of logged-in members.
The purpose and scope of data collection and its further processing and use by Google, as well as your rights and settings options for protecting your privacy can be found at: https://developers.google.com/+/web/+1button/.
If you have a Google Plus account but do not want Google to collect your data through our pages and the link to the membership data already held by Google, you must log out of Google Plus before visiting our site.
Our website uses plugins from www.youtube.com, operated by YouTube LLC, a company with registered office at 901 Cherry Avenue, San Bruno, CA 94066, United States.
We would like to point out that we do not know what data YouTube transmits and how it is used. The purpose and scope of data collection and its further processing and use by YouTube as well as the associated rights and options for setting privacy protection can be found in YouTube’s data protection information: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=es&gl=es.
INSTAGRAM SOCIAL PLUGINS
Our website uses social plugins of the social network www.instagram.com, managed by the company Instagram Inc., 1601 Willow Road, Menlo Park, California, 94025, USA.
We would like to point out that we do not know which data Instagram transmits and how it uses this data. The purpose and scope of data collection and its further processing and use by Instagram as well as the related rights and possibilities to configure privacy protection can be found in the data protection information at: www.instagram.com/about/legal/privacy.
Novaltti products and services:
Legal notice, Novaltti Networks, S.L., Novaltti, PlisQ Agencia digital, LoopSpiral, Loop Hardware, Loop Software, Loop Social, Loop R&D, Loop academy, Circular economy, sustainability, Gijón, León, Madrid, Portugal, Amsterdam, Digital transformation Asturias, Public Administration.